Inclement Weather and Closing Policy for
The safety of the Center members, staff, and volunteers is our utmost
concern. Should inclement weather occur, every attempt will be made to
make a decision in the best interest of all involved in the program.
In the event of inclement weather, the Program Director or designee
shall determine program closure because of unsafe conditions. This
decision will be made by 5:30 am to allow for everyone to make needed
arrangements. When closings occur, every attempt will be made to contact
all program staff, volunteers, Center members and transportation
providers through a telephone tree process as well as an announcement on
WHAM, Channel 13 Television.
In the event of program closure,
staff should report to work unless otherwise notified.
- If an employee chooses to stay home due to inclement weather on
a day when the Center has remained open to staff, the employee may
use PTO time (Refer to Policy 4.1) or take the time unpaid.
- If an employee chooses to work only part of their scheduled
workday due to inclement weather, compensation will be determined by
the employee’s FLSA classification:
- Non-exempt employees will be paid for hours worked.
- Exempt employees will be paid for their regularly scheduled
- If the Center is closed to members and staff, all employees will
be paid for their scheduled workday. This will only occur if a state
of emergency is declared.